If in case you have a European heritage in your loved ones, likelihood is you’ll have grown up with Nutcracker dolls put out at Christmas time.
As a baby, I didn’t perceive the historical past of the Nutcracker, however my English born grandparents at all times had their Nutcracker dolls out. Every time I see one, they immediate a much-loved childhood reminiscence of Christmas time.
The toy soldier collectible figurines originate from Germany and are historically introduced out at Christmas. Whereas the dolls are a part of German folklore and symbolise good luck, they’re primarily used to embellish properties for Christmas. And regardless of their namesake, they don’t seem to be in a position to crack nuts.
This Nutcracker craft, utilizing picket pegs, is a simple challenge to make. The pegs can be utilized to embellish items or dangle Christmas playing cards on string. It’s a perfect craft for the classroom or playgroup too because the supplies used are cost-effective in bulk.
- Wood Pegs
- Black Cardboard
- Black Paint
- Pink Paint
- Blue Paint
- White Paint (we used white nail polish)
- Nice Paint Brushes
- Googley Eyes
- Black Pipe Cleaner
Determine the way you’re going to make use of your peg as this may decide which finish may have the face and hat. I made a decision to place the hat and face on the highest edge.
- Paint the physique blue – so half method up the peg.
- Paint a black belt above the blue part.
- Paint a pink go well with high which will likely be 1cm in top
- Reduce a high hat out of the black cardboard and glue to the highest finish of the peg.
- Glue two googley eyes beneath the hat.
- Reduce the top of a black pipe cleaner and glue this below eyes for the Nutcracker’s moustache.
Make a couple of pegs to allow them to be used to embellish Christmas items or connect playing cards to string for a Christmas card show.
Different Peg Doll Crafts