Hello, I’m Kate from Robust Kitten Crafts! I empower sewists to rework from pissed off to fearless with machine embroidery by way of on-line training and enjoyable tutorials, just like the one we now have lined up for you immediately.
On this three-part sequence, I’m going to show you the best way to sew an lovable Christmas stocking and personalize it with machine embroidery!
Machine Embroidered Christmas Stocking Sequence
This stocking makes up actually quick, even with the embroidery, so you possibly can have new, customized stockings for the entire household very quickly.
They’re a little bit addictive too, I discovered myself pondering up new concepts and simply stored including tutorials! Jump over to Robust Kitten Crafts Weblog to see much more methods to personalize your stockings.
You have to all of the provides from the Christmas Stocking Tutorial
Extra Provides Wanted to Embroider the Design
- OESD Tear Away Embroidery Tape
Earlier than we begin this tutorial you’ll wish to do steps 1-3 of the Christmas Stocking tutorial.
Directions to Embroider the Design
1. Lower a bit of Fusible Woven to suit your hoop. Fuse it to the improper aspect of your embroidery background.
2. Lower StabilStick Lower Away the dimensions of your hoop. Take away the paper backing and easy your StabilStick to the improper aspect of your cloth, over the fusible woven. Press firmly to make sure there aren’t any bubbles or creases.
3. Hoop your layers collectively.
4. Prep your machine by putting in a 75/11 embroidery needle and threading your machine. Clear and oil your machine earlier than use. You might also prep by including your thread colours into the colour palette. I used a mixture of Aurifil 40wt and 50 wt.
5. Embroider your design.
Notice: When selecting totally different designs ensure the ultimate measurement will match on the entrance of the stocking with out getting caught within the seam allowance.
6. When stitching is completed, unhoop your embroidery.
Lower your background into the specified form, I went with an oval. Be sure your design is reduce slim sufficient to not get caught within the seam allowances however not reduce so shut that the blanket sew will have an effect on the design.
7. Set up the 100/16 High Sew Needle and thread the machine with 12 wt Aurifil within the needle and an identical 40wt within the bobbin. Put the Open Embroidery Foot #20D on the machine and have interaction your Twin Feed.
8. I selected a single blanket sew and used my multifunction knobs to vary the size and width to 1.9mm every. Use your proper needle place button to maneuver your needle to the fifth needle place. Your machine must be arrange like mine.
10. Middle your design on the stocking. (Bear in mind! You’ve a cuff being added! Don’t add your design too excessive.) Use a few loops of embroidery tape to safe it, when you like.
Use the within of the proper toe of the Open Embroidery Foot #20D to information your self alongside the surface of your cloth. Sew sluggish and alter typically to make sure your stitches look nice.
11. As soon as completed deliver the threads to the again and tie them off. You are actually prepared to complete your stockings by finishing steps 4- 18 of the Christmas Stocking tutorial.
What a enjoyable technique to additional personalize stockings for the entire household. You’ll be able to add machine embroidered designs to point out off your loved ones’s pursuits or private model.
Head over to to the Robust Kitten Crafts weblog for extra Christmas Stocking sample hacks, together with the best way to use knapped cloth like Minky for the cuff, and the best way to add toe and heel accents to your stocking!
I even have a 5 half weblog sequence referred to as Machine Embroidery for Novices that’s wrapping up subsequent week the place I cowl every little thing from machine suggestions to the best way to obtain and manage designs to stabilizer fundamentals! This sequence has been a lot enjoyable and there’s much more data on the Robust Kitten Crafts Instagram.
Will you add an embroidered cameo to your stockings?
Will you match the material or showcase an curiosity for the one that the stocking is for?
You probably have any questions be at liberty to ask them under within the feedback!